23 March 2009

I love weddings!

It has been ages since I last directly got involved in a wedding. Last week however, I managed to attend and assist my sister, Noorsyafinaz, and it was so much fun!

It started off with the akad nikah ceremony on the same day I got back to city center and I directly went to her place to witness the beautiful occasion.

AKAD NIKAH

It was a simple one yet exciting. The hall was filled with laughter and jokes and people talking. It was eventful. Everywhere you turn, people are excited for the ceremony to begin. Before the occasion took place I met my sister and express my excitement to her and had a glimpse of what she's going to look like - and take my words: SHE WAS SO PRETTY.

The ceremony began at about 5.15pm. It was raining heavily outside - and the TOK KADI was stuck in the car; he couldn't get out and braved the rain. So, my sister's father instructed me to go and fetch him and he gave me two umbrellas. I went down located the car, and gave TOK KADI one of the umbrellas and he told me to take his coat and bag at the passenger seat behind. I did just that, showed him the way and soon enough we were out of the rain.

The ceremony started immediately and I sat there, patiently thinking of why I really love weddings. It brings people together. It does. I am now a lot closer to my (older) neighboors and they are aware of my presence too.











MARHABAN

I was looking forward for the marhaban. This is the time where usually I would love. Sometimes new borns are being carried around the circle of marhaban too for their Cukur Jambul. It is filled with tradition and beliefs. The unison reading of the marhaban really impresses me - especially the nasyid bit at the end of the marhaban.

At the end of it, one of the elders sing a song that really made me laughed (not only me, though, some pak ciks were laughing to the song too)

Enjit Enjit Semut Siapa Sakit Naik Atas. And she repeated this three times. Everyone was laughing!





THE WEDDING RECEPTION

There was no words to express my feeling on that day. I helped my mom (she is the wedding planner of some sort) by mingled around to see people I know and entertain them. This is my way of reconnecting with those who I have lost contacted with for a long time. I really enjoy weddings!

2 comments:

Max J. Potter said...

wah~!! byknye hantaran! tapi..nape gmbar macam gelap?

Ms Martha Moore said...

max....

the pix were taken using my VGA camera phone....

so...

hahaha.....

suntateo