19 March 2009

Adrian and I in the bus (The great weekend part 1)

It has been ages since I last had a real weekend. My usual weekend will be spent as a therapy session in an art school not far from City Center. Anna, sometimes, picks me up and takes me or us (Frank is included) back home all the time. Most of the time I will arrive to the school late due to the stupid feeder bus which is scheduled every 30 minutes or so - I spend hours counting the weeds that infested the bricks of the pedestrian walk on the left and right sides of the bus station instead. This time around, I had a chance to breakaway and chill and relax a bit far away from the metropolitan city - I went back to my hometown.

My mother, Adrian and I left the Bus Mega Center at about 5pm to the southern region of the country. Along the way, I occupied most of the time looking out of the window and listen to my list of songs in my black Z555i. I took in the scenery as the City Center faded quickly and it was being replaced by a stretch of endless pattern of palm oil and rubber trees plantation one after the other as we moved further away from the hectic life of the city. It was bright sunny day. The evening was nothing but spectacular as if it welcomed me into my own version of a great 'weekend' - Owh, I forgot to tell you that it was Tuesday when I left.

The sky turned darker and darker and soon, Adrian and I saw the first glimpse of a star. He was so excited looking and kept counting the stars. He stopped when the stars were too many to be counted using fingers and he counted 23 twice and started again and lost count again - He finally just stared at the stars. We approached our destination around 9.30 pm and once we reached the city Adrian asked me a question, "Abang, mana bintang banyak - banyak tadik?"

I answered him with a slight doubt that he would understand the scientific explanation that i would soon blurt, "Langit tu macam cermin yang besar. Lagi terang lampu kat atas tanah lagi sikit kiter nampak bintang,"

He replied me with an unexpected answer that awed me, "Ooo, tadik kat jalan gelap. macam banyak bintang nie,"

I talked to myself quietly: He's a genius after all.

No comments: