19 March 2009

Aliff's Latte (The great weekend part 2)

My eldest uncle picked us up at the Mega Bus Center not far from my grandpa's house. We told him that we were actually settling our insurance matter. Before we reached home, we stopped at Aliff to have dinner. I was thinking that this will be the usual laid back and doing nothing kind of hometown retreat. So I decided to agree to eat out (since I didn't know when will be the last chance to go out and about town).

We got out of the car and soon enough, the waiter was taking our orders and the drinks came first. As usual I ordered my latte, the same with my mom. Adrian was with his Ice Choc and Pak Long sipped his Ice Lychee and started to ask my mom questions to plan out tomorrow. That was when he decided to just take away some dishes and eat it at home.

I was happily sipping my hot latte when I saw someone familiar. I saw my cousin - Angah, Mak andak's son! He was with his friends and caught me looking at him. That resulted him to greet us and making small talk and soon enough we were planning of tomorrow as he was having his off week. I told him that I might need to use the internet connection to excess my works that Mrs. N sent me via email. Since I didn't know what time would the insurance matter end, I decided to tell him to pick me up at around two tomorrow. That was the first time that I felt easy and happy seing him. Usually we only chatted through smses and Yms. This was different.

I sipped my latte again, and thought that this is not going to be just any weekend. This could be a great weekend - one that I needed for quite sometimes.

No comments: