04 December 2008

A Personal Assisstant

My days now are more hectic than it used to. There are meetings to attend, discussion to head and decisions to be made. This practically casts out the word "life" in my working days - which is 5 days a week (it really depends though even on saturdays and sundays i have to attend meetings or social visits). It sucks I know...

So I have this vision as I was commuting to city center in the bullet. I looked out of the window where I could see trails of rain on the glass. I was worried. I have to walk to the meeting place and its raining. I pictured me walking, rain... wet... and meeting... Not a so good combination there. The vision was, having a personal assistant for me - the type that caters my needs and schedule and meetings arrangement and all that stuff. If I have one, I will not have to worry much about work stuffs. Everything I need is being served in a platter(maybe not silver, but a platter served is much better than buffet where you have to take food on your own).

Or maybe.... I can make full use of her, by adding a caption in the jobscope of the PA as: To bare in mind not to clash personal events with work related events. This is to make her remind me of my social events like my anniversary, birthdays, shopping weekends and even answering my mom's phone call (can I do that?).

I snorted myself but was a bit panic as I tried to figure out my where being. Phew. The station will the next after this coming station. so, I sat back and looked at my next seat. There is an empty seat next to me. If I have a PA, she/he can sit there. Accompanying me wherever I go. She/he can even eat breakfast/brunch/lunch/tea/dinner/supper with me. We can chat about work. Or, even better about something out of work once in awhile like gossips, bitching around or stories of my private life maybe once a month, or,twice a month, or, weekly basis or every other day... or every day... We can be best friends!

I stood in front of the door of the bullet, eager to get out of the bullet and thinking of how to reach the venue of my appointment on time. I still have 15 minutes but the rain, its getting wilder each minute. I stood at the edge of the pedestrian walk. I took out my phone and remembered that I ran out of credit. It will be wonderful If I have a PA. I will instruct her to postponed the meeting to 330pm instead of 3 pm. I don't have to worry about my credit or maybe I can even let her hold my phone so that whenever the credit is low she can top it up for me.

I smiled to myself. As I was punching the numbers of my client, a car drove by and splashed the accumulating water to my side of the pedestrian walk. I jumped and managed to escaped my so-called "near death experience". If I have a PA, I will definitely asked her/him to jot down the car registration number and sue that fella. She/he can deal with the lawyers and all the neat clerical work for me instead of me doing it by myself.

If I have a PA, it will be so cool.

"But 'If' is a strong word, it can be your friend and it can be your enemy too" I told myself. I survived doing all the work alone all this while, and what makes me think that I can't handle anything in my path next? So, I carved a knowing smile on my face and did the things I need to do. I called the numbers, talked to my client, looked left, right and left again, crossed the road reached the other end, a bus stop to a halt, sending water splashing on my G2000 pants and angrily stomping the pedestrian walk to my client's office. Reached her office, she asked: "Are you wet?"

I rest my case.

2 comments:

anna r said...

ahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahaha!!! Are you wet? ahahahahahahahahahah!!

Idiot. HEhehehehehe...

You sooo need a personal assistant. So do I! Maybe we should both get Mrs N to hire us each one :)

hehehehehehe...the next time i see something obvious on you, i'll ask you the same stupid question, 'are you wet?'

hahahahahaha

lardie

Ms Martha Moore said...

hehehe....

kan??

how idiot can a person being seing sumthing obvious....

bodo....

anyways.....

tedect