16 January 2009

A true inspiration of love



I just finished watching Mouline Rouge for the 25gazillionth time! And this I have to say: This is what I call inspirational.

Mouline Rouge is a musical love story that dazzles me through the music, songs, expressions and dances. It expresses the real meaning of love. The story line is cliche but the power of a musical can't be easily cast away with a simple brushing off dandruff from your shoulders. We acknowledge the rehearsal, the singing practices, the dance classes and acting coaching - there is nothing greater than acting in a musical. Anyone can read the lines, delivers and expresses them as they should - but incorporating more than that in a play/movie? (I don't think so).

The repetitive theme in the story moves you to fall in love deeper with the clicheness of the story. We know what to expect, but we are glued to the screen waiting for more of this. Why? because it is inspiring; the love across social status, the purity of two hearts in a relationship, the hardship faced by the characters throughout the musical and the theme of true love that wins at the end of the story (kinda - if only Nic Kid didn't die at the end of the musical).

I've got this to tell you, I am easy to be swept off the ground, feet not touching the ground kinda thing. Give this type of movie to me and you'll win my heart. Watch this with me and you'll be accepted in my life. Sing the songs to me and you'll have me all the time. Whisper the sweet quotations from the movie, before sleeping while hugging me, I promise I'll stay with you until my dying days. (So, there you have it: 4 easy steps to secure this princess labeled YOURS)hehehe....

Another musical that has a huge impact towards me is non other than our pride and locally ensambled, Puteri Gunung Ledang: The Musical. As you expected, this is another cliche production - love across social status, the hardship of their relationship - u know the sequence already by now. But, what moves me is the way they make it relevant regardless the time - the songs are not ancient, they are the combination of contemporary traditional, the love songs are mesmerising and the wording, the lyrics are so heart warming. For me (not for Mrs. N though, she walked out half way through using the kids as the main reason of their departure), I think the commercial value of the play makes it watchable repetitively. It is entering the third season and a seperate season was performed in Singapore and i heard that the tickets are running out fast. It is superbly thrilling, the opening, the rising action and the closing are memorable. One thing for sure I am watching this again this time around with the love of my life, to experience the mythical love of the princess and sultan's loyal servant.

3 comments:

LeSScAkAp said...

yes i know u love musical...

:D

ovetm

wish i could quote, sing, or whatever along with the musical...

sigh

ovetm

Ms Martha Moore said...

erm...

u don't have to do all those stuff...

u do what u do best....

love me like u r doing now and in Mouline Rouge they say: Come what may, I will love you till my dying day....

anna r said...

i've never seen moulin rouge. thank you for telling me that nicole kidman dies in the end...

ommat