01 January 2009

A New Year with a BANG

Hey every1! Happy New Year.

Well, obviously, my year began last night with a BANG. A super BANG to be exact. As planned, we (my hubby and I) went to see Anna, our lovely sister in a restaurant not quite far from City Centre Station. As expected people were sardinized in the bullet. Mr Frank came back from his evening class at about 7. We freshened up, changed, switched from train to bus to train again because of the stupid train broke down, and we let three buses went by because they were packed with passengers. Anyways, after all the hard work of cramping myself with other passengers, we managed to reach the station and walk to Avillion.

When we walked to the table booked for us, there were already Anna, Eddie, Emyra and her friend. We hugged, kissed and did the usual stuff and before long we ordered our food, ate it up and soon enough we were counting in unison as midnight approached. And god I swear at that time I missed the surrounding I was in last night. Anyways, we rushed to an opening not in front of Guess and Top Shop boutiques to see the fireworks. I was really excited.

Done with the firewoks, we headed back to our table and soon enough another friend of ours, Suri, came with her boyfriend, Oly, and another friend, Migo. They brought with them a cake to celebrate Suri and Oly's first year anniversary - we cut the cake, consumed it and something happened - Migo drank half a glass of neat Hennessy VSOP in one FUCKING shot! She was gone less than 20 minutes.

After she fell a few times from her chair, laid down on combined chairs and asking for more shots inspired by a few jerks - Eddie included because he's drunk, that was when Anna stood up, took control and god I promise I feel secured seeing her in that condition. She's so protective towards those she cares about. That was a relief to learn. And I know that there will always be someone who will protect me if this sort of thing happens to me. So, she decided to adjourn the gathering by suggesting us to go back with her and an extra baggage - the drunken Migo.

The thing to remember is the car was parked outside the building and hence, the manner of transporting Migo to the car before we get her into another car. She weighed, how should I put this in a politically correct manner, Heavy. So, my strong hubby, Piggy backed her all the way to the car. In the middle of the way when it was our third or fourth stop I think, they take a break, again. she was vomiting and Anna went back to see Eddie to settle the bill. Soon enough she was back with swollen eyes and we resumed our journey of attracting people without failed to look at us. We reached the parking lot, Anna drove the car to where we were and cried and said that she can't drive. So I drove the drunken Migo with Suri at the back.

I drove to their car, with effort of avoiding her moving lifeless hand from the gear, hand break and the door. So it was a bit frantic but its not something new. Reached their car, an older version of Lily (Anna's car), wrestled with Migo for awhile before putting her into the car. Pulled her back out since she wanted to puke, let her rested on the side ways on the grass and I was excited to see the others coming closer. I turned around, I saw Migo was moving a bit and soon enough i watched her, helplessly, rolling down a slope. And I giggled as the rest laughed at my action. There's nothing can be done anymore. She drunk and trust me she couldn't even listen or think about anything at that time. so let her be.

We gathered, Emyra was laughing once in awhile in regards of the experience, Oly was concerned of his girlfriend's best friend. Suri was a bit quiet than the usual. Mr. Frank and Anna took pictures and videos of Migo.Finally, we pushed her in the car as the patrol officers approaching us - we don't wanna make fuss about it and decided to go our seperate ways.

So basically, we help a person from any harm on the first day of the year. And I am proud to be in this. I realized that there are people who take great care of others that are important to them like Anna, Suri and Oly. I learned a new level of friendship and the most important thing, I learned that there are still good people out there like Mr. Frank and Emyra. So don't loose hope!

Happy New Year 2009.

2 comments:

anna r said...

there are always good people out there...it's just times like these that you see what sort of people there are...those willing to help, or those who'd rather turn a blind eye.

yes, eddie was a jerk that night. and you will never have to worry. i will always be there to take care of you if a time calls for it.

glymount

Max J. Potter said...

happy new year, martha. =) hope 2009 brings you the best of everything. hm. ppl are like that. they vary. but i think its kool that we get to learn from their behaviours. =)