23 October 2008

The months to come...

i flipped open my lappie, sat down, took off my new Gucci Sunglasses and pressed the on button of the lappie. I stood up, walked to the water dispenser and poured in some cold water in my mug. I drank it all at once after making sure that nobody's watching. and filled it full again and trotted to my room, sat down and the lappie's screen was still black. I was starting to panicked. I pressed the button again. It ceased to switch on. I look at the button... I smiled... and literally said 'idiot' to myself. Hehehe. I pressed the wrong button.

I am extremely happy as I calculated my new salary for the next few months. By the end of November I will get a 100 percent raise. And by January I will have another raise of 50 percent of the amount that I will have in December. Hehehe... All of the sudden, pictures of new dresses, pants, vests and shirts that I saw in a magazine came to mind. I was excited, extremely excited that i didn't realize that Mrs. N was standing right next to me.

"Are you staring at a blank screen?" She asked.

"Gucci, Miss60, Topshop, LV," I uttered.

"Excuse me," she said in a concern tone.

"I am sorry," I said, apologetically and embarrassed at the same time.

"You should give yourself night out or what not, don't you think so?"

"I have a lot of things to be done," I replied. Amused at the thought that I haven't switched the lappie on.

"Yeah, I figured," she continued. "Maybe I can find you an assistant,"

I smiled at her, and snorted a bit as she walked back to her office.

I love my job.

3 comments:

anna r said...

great! i can see me next walking along next to you on your shopping trips. hehehee... and expecting meals and drinks in return for my company ;)

faRha said...

ehem2
:P

Ms Martha Moore said...

no problem anna!

hehehe.....

love to do that.....

for my sisters.....