28 October 2008

Enlightenment

I waved at the taxi, fished inside my lappie bag, a taxi stop to a halt in front of the taxi stand, I opened the door, slid in, closed the door and continued fishing in my lappie bag. Where the hell is my fisherman's friend?" I asked myself.

"Where are we heading mam?" said the taxi driver.

I was about to snort, but then pushed aside the idea of it, said my apologies, and stated that I need to go to the nearest Bullet Station. He pressed the meter button and drove off.

He constantly looked into his rear view mirror - which spooked me. Suddenly, I remembered something; fight fire with fire I stared back at him. He looked and tried to say something. I was engaged in finding my fisherman's friend. Finally, I decided to stop searching, sink into the comfy seat and looked outside the window and... got a questioned from the taxi driver.

"So, you are trying to make it go away,"he said.

"Desperately!"I uttered, half shouting.

"Sometimes, things change and you have to accept the fact that they are changing," He added.

"Well, I am extremely afraid of changes. Its not that I can't adapt. I adapt wonderfully in various situation. But, I am afraid if situations are changing me," I explained.

"Well, you know what they say, you have to loose some to win some," He said with a broad smile on his face. He continued "Another thing is, sometimes we are conditioned to a certain way of life, we forget that there are others out there who are totally different from our belief. And sometimes, I think, we need to listen to them so that we will have an insight of what to come and sometimes the best way to deal with changes is to leave them at the beginning of it so you wont get hurt," he said.

"Nothing is inevitable," I said slowly.

"Exactly. And you,you are strong enough to move forward if you believe in what you do best," He said, pulling off at the bullet station. I handed him 10 bugs note, he refused the fare politely and I staggered as I climbed down from the taxi.

I saw my friend, Martin, and talked to him for awhile. He said that he has been waiting for a taxi and I said to him that he missed one, a good one. But he said that he has been waiting for a taxi for about fifteen minutes and that I am still funny after all of these years. He snorted and I left him to wait for the taxi as I confusedly walking to buy the ticket of the bullet thinking, I rode a taxi just now.

3 comments:

anna r said...

I don't get it :(

faRha said...

same like anna
what is it?..

Unknown said...

hehehe....

ntah laa.....