09 September 2008

Oversized

So it was a fine Tuesday morning when i walked out of my apartment and waved for taxi. There goes one, passing me with a stern looking passenger looking out of the window which scared me to death. But that didn't stop me to wave again, and a taxi changed lanes almost hitting another car. Then the car honked at the taxi and they ended up at the side walk wrestling on the ground. I waved again, this time i looked at my hand up to my fingers... and i went wide eyed.

I turned to the entrance of my apartment, snorted to the bell boy, ran to the lift with my black high-cut boots, pressed the buttoned for a millionth time, braved the out coming passengers like a fish going against the powerful current and sighed as I pressed the button of my floor - 1oth floor. I adjusted my bra only to realize that there is a man at the corner of the lift. I wondered if he noticed what I just did. Slowly, i turned around to look at that guy, red faced and smiled. He smiled back with this "I-saw-what-you-did" kinda look and I abruptly turned. The door opened and I rushed out.

I started walking away from the cubicle of embarrassment and heard the elevator closed. I sped up with the thought of getting into the meeting room fashionably late with class. I mean, I'm wearing my Jimmy Choo's high cut boots and would someone tell me how the hell is that not coming fashionably late WITH CLASS. Then i heard footsteps behind me. I tried to glimpse but i could not make out the figure. I fasten my trot, and reach the door of my apartment. I tried to push in the key but it wont go in. To my fear, the figure that was following me touched my shoulder. I screamed.

No comments: