05 June 2009

And the Winner Is... Scorpion!

The three-day training was tiring. I didn't get enough sleep (woke up every half an hour to make sure that the participants are well taken care of), i ate less, and tell me I hate the long tedious sessions talking about the function of the language!

So, the hall was getting busier with people coming in, parents, VIPs, and you name it - and I looked like hell; I would describe it as heller then hell but then I realized I was just being a DQ. Chill ran down my spine as I saw 4 police officers came into the hall (as I still owe the government of about 700 bugs out of tickets!) but then ran through my guess list, and exhale the worries with great relief through my running nose...

I walked to the stage (or so called stage, Mrs. N. was being very stingy - and it is getting the nerves of everyone in 10 nano seconds every 5 minutes these days). I was wearing the company's t-shirt and my creative jeans with my name on it, in my 50 bugs sneakers I trotted confidently facing the crowd despite my sleeping mind - I repeat, my SLEEPING mind. As I started, I followed the items in the agenda smoothly. Then - over confidently I looked at the next item in the list, its the certificates giving ceremony, and okay after that the hampers (I made a mental note on my own).

Done with the certificates giving ceremony, we moved on - or so I thought. A cameraman of a newspaper, gushing up the stage and asked the participants to pose for the paper. And the VIPs were talking eagerly to the chairperson of the organization, and everything started to have life on their own. The hall was buzzing like a bee hives when everyone started to talk to each other. People walked from one end to the other. Kids were running around. I was panicky. The last item was prize giving ceremony. I hinted to the chairperson, and she said sorry, she didn't realized that there was another item in the list, she instructed the photographer to go back to his seat because there's another item. When everything was settled, I carried on with the event:

"Seterusnya, Majlis akan diteruskan dengan upacara penyampaian hadiah kepada para peserta bagi tiga kategori iaitu:

Kumpulan telematch terbaik,

Kumpulan Terbaik, dan

Persembahan Kumpulan Terbaik.


Pemenang bagi kumpulan telematch terbaik jatuh kepada: COBRA! (I passed the hamper to the chairperson for her to give it to the Officers of the MAyor's Office)

I was ready to announce the second title when I did something really stupid, I announced the winner, took the hamper from the table and saw the group leader came my direction and in split second gave away the present to the kid instead of the chairperson while announcing the winner is... Scorpion. Everyone laughed and my face was red!

4 comments:

LeSScAkAp said...

to be fair...

u were tired no no exhausted

but that was cute despite all the hoolaa.. throughout the 3 days huhuhuh

scorm (scorn? to mrs N maybe?)

Max J. Potter said...

how the hell does someone look heller than hell, mate? gile tak terbayang.

Azar Azman said...

delusions? stressed? delirium? huntington disease?

:P

mis u darl !

Ms Martha Moore said...

hehehe.... yup hubby damn tired! hehehe....

you dont wanna know max!

azar.... hehehe... i missed that!!