04 May 2009

The Lizard...

"Kakak tu pijak cicak tuh laa," Two boys ran frantically to the sound of POP and to the sight of a lizard jerking at the pain of being crushed (on its head) at the end of its lifetime.

"Shit! damn kids..." I trailed off in my mumble.

"Kakak, tgk kat cicak tu. Kesian die," said one of the boys as they came closer to take a closer look at the soon-enough-carcass lizard. They squatted down, looking at it jerked with the tail wriggling detached from the body.

"Jahat laa kakak nie," said the other one. I stopped walking, turned around, full body. I straighten up my blue shirt from U2, trotting with this determined face in my TSC black heels and office pants from PDI. I tighten my necktie and looked at the boys. They were still squatting down, experiencing the few last seconds before the lizard became carcass. I squatted down with them (one knee touched the ground) in the middle of the lobby. I looked at both of them right into their eyes, hoping to get a grip on their souls, I mumbled while looking from the kids to the lizard:

"Tu laaa... kalau lintas jalan tak tgk kiri kanan, nanti jadik cam cicak nie. Nak ke?" I looked back at them. They seemed terrified. With a wicked and evil smile, I got up back on my two feet brushing off my shoulder (there were dandruff there), turned around, walked away with a loud sound of my clanking shoes, looked back at them and watched them ran away.

In my head I asked a question: Am I that terrifying? I laughed. But then I realized I don't wanna be crushed down by Mrs. N as I am already late for work - Yikes!

5 comments:

anna r said...

hahahahahahahaah! so evil! i love it! that's why i love you! ;p

coire

Azar Azman said...

cicak? yummy..

Ms Martha Moore said...

hehehe.... wek! :P anna: sian bebudak tuh larik ketakutan....

azar: cicak=yummy?? u sure dude? hehehe....

razifi

Anonymous said...

lepas ni i'll send u a biawak or sumthin to be stepped on by ur heels

Ms Martha Moore said...

hehehe.... thanx.... but i am feeling guilty still upon that incident... huhuhu.... i love biawaks!!

mancese